MBCE is not responsible for packages once they have been marked as delivered. As these packages must be delivered shipper release the recipient assumes all responsibility for the package once it has been delivered. Insurance does not cover a missing package once it has been delivered.
Packages should be sent to your work or a location where someone is present to received delivery if you are concerned with the package being left.
The recipients also responsible to notify Maryland Blue Crab Express if their are any events in your area such as, weather, storms, power outages, and other catastrophic events that could delay a package. MBCE can not monitor this information and is the full responsibility of the recipient to notify Maryland Blue Crab Express prior to the package shipping.
Insurance will not cover any packages shipped into an area with weather, storms, power outages, and other catastrophic events that could delay a package.
If a package arrives after the commit time of delivery and the contents will still be good and the insurance will only pay for the shipping price. Insurance does not pay for late shipments due to weather or other catastrophic events. During inclement weather, snow, fog, ice, high winds, earthquakes and other natural disasters, packages may be delayed.
Shipping delays are normal and to be expected around the holidays and peak shipping times. These delays can add extra days to transit times. We take steps to pack our packages to last for these delays. We use extra dry ice during peak shipping times and this can cause product to freeze but not alter the quality.
Dry Ice Can cause blue crabs and product to freeze. It is used to ensure safe shipping. No refunds will be issued for fresh product freezing. The product can be thawed under refrigeration and will not effect the quality.
Maryland Blue Crab Express Shipping Policy & Live Crab Disclaimer
- NOTE Alaska and Hawaii have areas that may be 2 days in transit. (If you are placing orders for those states please contact our customer service team so that we may make special arrangements to your order.
- Note we need two days notice on these orders to provide the delivery as you request.)
- All Alaska and Hawaii orders carry an extra $25 fee.
MBCE recommends that you do not have packages shipped to gated communities or apartments with locked doors or buildings that have restricted access. MBCE nor UPS or Fed Ex can be held liable for packages that are not delivered due to drivers not being able to gain access to the property to make the delivery. We recommend you have the package sent to your work or and alternate location to ensure proper delivery.
- Next Day Air: Guaranteed by 10:30 to non remote locations- 12:00 to partially remote locations- End Of Day To very Remote Locations
- Next Day Air Saver: Guaranteed by End of Day. Guaranteed by 3:00 to registered commercial business only not at home business.
- Saver is guaranteed by end of day to residential address's.
- Ground: Guaranteed 1-5 Days Guaranteed by end of day no exact time for delivery.
- We do not deliver on Monday's.
- Cut-off time for orders placed over the Internet is 3:00 p.m. EST, Monday through Friday.
- There are no Sunday or Monday deliveries.
- Saturday delivery is available in most areas. All Saturday deliveries must be shipped using Fed Ex Overnight Air service. In addition, When requesting Saturday delivery to rural areas, please call in advance to check availability.
- Days that are grayed out on our delivery calendar are not available for selection.
- We do not ship to P.O Boxes.
- ALL PACKAGES ARE SENT SHIPPER RELEASE :If no one is present at the time of delivery, packages will be left with no signature required, unless otherwise specified. (Maryland Blue Crab Express can not be held responsible for stolen or lost packages.
- Our normal shipping carrier is Fed Ex any packages shipped through other providers are not guaranteed, and MBCE may not be able to issue full refunds on these shipments.
Shipping and Handling Information
Maryland Blue Crab Express's primary shipping method on most orders is through Fed Ex Overnight. We reserve the right to ship UPS or FedEX Overnight. For customers who qualify, we may choose to ship orders via UPS Next day Ground. All orders are charged actual UPS shipping rates. Any changes to tax or shipping and handling charges, if necessary, will be provided in a separate communication along with the reason for the change. Deliveries delayed by carriers due to inclement weather or other extenuating circumstances, or any delay in transit or high amount of shipping volume must be accepted by purchaser at next available delivery date. Fresh product maybe frozen upon receipt in areas that are experiencing extreme cold temperatures. Proper thaw out procedures for seafood should always be followed. Please note Maryland Blue Crab Express will not refund monies due to fresh product that has frozen due to extreme cold temperatures.
MBCE is not responsible for packages shipped into snow storms, fog, or any other act of mother nature. It is the customers responsibility to monitor weather and conditions in your area. We will not refund any money for packages delayed by the above circumstances.
- Shipping charges are calculated automatically and based on Fed Ex Overnight shipping rates.
Live Crab Disclaimer:
We do our very best to fill live orders with the liveliest crabs available. Normal mortality rates can be in excess of 15% of the entire order, and up as much as the entire order. When shipping a live seafood product Dead loss is expected and Maryland Blue Crab Express cannot be liable for any amount of crab mortality, not limited to but including circumstances that are out of our control, such as; shipping environment due to extreme weather, rough handling, or delayed delivery by the shipper.If you insist on every crab being edible, we strongly recommend ordering your crabs steamed prior to shipment. However if you insist on live Crabs, please note that we provide no guarantees on the number of Crabs that will arrive to your doorstep alive. Their condition upon arrival is not guaranteed. No one in our industry will guarantee this. Maryland Blue Crab Express cannot refund any monies for dead loss in live shipments.
* On all live orders you should use the earliest delivery service possible and steam the crabs immediately upon arrival.
*Maryland Blue Crab Express recommends that customers exercise caution ordering live crabs in extreme cold and warm temperatures, as crabs do not live as well at these temperatures. Additionally in areas where shipping conditions fall below 32 degrees crabs can freeze and cause mortality.
*For all orders taken over the phone MBCE will provide and email confirmation of the order to the customer. It is the CUSTOMER'S sole responsibility to review the order information, such as but not limited to delivery address, zip codes, delivery date, and product information. If you did not receive an order confirmation email you can call 1-866-532-2722 to request another copy to be sent.
*By placing order over the phone customer agrees to our Terms and Conditions, this includes all shipping policies. These are available on our website as well as over the phone.
*If you order is not delivered by 11:59 P.M on the date of delivery please contact us as we can work to still get the package delivered on time. We cannot guarantee refunds on late deliveries that are not brought to our attention the same day as scheduled delivery.
*Once a package is marked as delivered and verified by UPS is correct delivery neither Fed Ex or Blue Crab Trading is responsible for the package. Please use caution when shipping to apartments or other buildings that share common areas.
MBCE reserves the right to shipper release any package commercial or residential. This means the package will be left without a signature. This is necessary to ensure a package will not be delivered the next business day.